If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you. This role will also include working at before and after school clubs â€“ travel to and from these clubs will be expensed. Therefore, driving is desirable, but not essential. They will be paying 25p per mile when travelling from base to another site.
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery. Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the nursery
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement nursery policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of childrens development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
- Other general duties as and when required There are 2 positions available with this employer.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 15/02/2022
Possible start date: 20/02/2022
Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels Hard working Well organised to meet deadlines for the course
A* - D (9-3) GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent)
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Do you have a full UK driving license and access to your own car?
At Greenwood Primary and Nursery School we aim to empower every child to grow to meet their full potential and realise their dreams in a warm, respectful and caring environment. To develop a moral code that enables each child to have empathy, humility and respect for themselves and others to ensure they can play a positive role within their school, local, national and global communities.
Greenwood Primary School and Nursery
Sutton Middle Lane
Kirkby in Ashfield
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Working a range of shifts between the hours of 7.30am and 6.00pm
(37.50 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Due to a known issue with the National Apprenticeship Service vacancy V1 data API, some wage values displayed on our apprenticeship vacancy listings may differ compared to the Find an Apprenticeship service. When applying for a vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service the correct wage value will be shown on their listings. — Read more about this API issue