Poplars Nursery School are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice nursery nurse to join their team at their outstanding nursery setting in Sherwood. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
At the Poplars they are dedicated to providing support in a team environment and assessing all of the team's training needs. Within this role as apprentice nursery nurse, Poplars will provide full training and support and in return for your commitment and enthusiasm you will be offered career progress. From further education to higher education the opportunities are endless, achieving promotion at Poplars or elsewhere.
They are an equal opportunities employer in that we believe everyone is an individual and should have the opportunities to succeed and develop personally and professionally.
Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the nursery
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement nursery policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children aged six weeks to eight years as required (full training given)
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children's development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 04/04/2021
Possible start date: 14/04/2021
You will need to be:
- Patient, calm, caring
- Self motivated
- Well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- Committed to children's welfare
- Able to work on own initiative for coursework
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
9-4/A*-C GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Early Years Practitioner Functional Skills if required https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/early-years-practitioner-v1-0
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Do you have a full, UK driving licence and access to your own car?
The original Poplars Nursery School, Sherwood - opened in 1993 - was, and still is, a family run business. Throughout that time their head teacher, staff and parents have helped to research and develop a unique approach to care and education for children in Sherwood, Daybrook and Woodthorpe.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 7.30am - 6.00pm
(36 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).