Are you looking for a career in the Automotive industry? Fix Auto Mid Devon are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Parts Technician to join their busy dealership. The Fix Auto Mid Devon dealer network offers an unrivalled quality of service and expertise and is currently looking to develop its future Technicians.
Fix Auto Mid Devon have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Parts Technician to join their team at their dealership in Devon. This is an exciting opportunity with Fix Auto Mid Devon, the training facility is based at Emtec Ruddington, Nottingham with long-term prospects.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived Customer Service
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 22/04/2020
Possible start date: 06/05/2020
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
5 GCSE’s at grade A* to C (9 to 4) (or equivalent) including maths, English, and ICT are essential.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
The Programme for the Parts Apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges.
One to one will also take place regularly through 121 visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Nationally recognised qualifications:
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence IMI accreditation - Parts Advisor
- Regular in-dealer review and assessment visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
Upon successful completion of your IMI Level 2 qualification, you will then progress following a review with your employer onto your IMI Level 3 therefore altogether the apprenticeship can take up to 3 years to complete.
There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
What mode of transport do you use?
We are looking for an ambitious people to join our busy accident repair centre in glorious Devon. Many of our staff get promoted within and outside of the company. They use us as spring-board to their individual success. We want interest, enthusiasm and hard work and we will reward those skills.
C/O G Woolacott & Son Marsh
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Vehicle Parts - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
£174.00 - £328.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).