Lowdham's are looking for a hardworking and ambitious candidate to join their successful, expanding organisation as a Parts Apprentice. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Duties will include:
- To identify and verify for quality, quantity and description, parts stocks and other goods from suppliers
- To order as required and receive into the department and correctly locate items in established bin and other locations
- To accurately identify, locate and pick parts for workshop staff and customers by means of acquired knowledge, parts catalogues and computer stock lists
- To conduct all transactions with workshop staff and customers pleasantly and courteously with an emphasis on customer service
- To work within agreed discount structure and customer terms
- To seek ways to increase parts and workshop sales by identifying customer needs and incremental items to sell
- Count physical stock and generally assist at the physical stock take
- Ensure that parts are released only upon payment or within valid and current credit terms and at discounts agreed by your Manager. (Gunthorpe based only)
- Manage telephone calls into the department and ensure that connections and redirections are passed on quickly and politely
- To admin receipt goods on the system and update records
- To follow Aftersales Procedures at all times
Other working requirements:
- Maintain an awareness of any Health and Safety issues that arise within the department and take action/report any incidents as appropriate
- Because of the changing nature of our business your job description may change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 15/02/2021
Possible start date: 01/03/2021
- At least 12 months' current or recent experience in a Parts Assistant role is preferred. Knowledge of Dealer Management Systems would be an advantage
- Working in a customer facing role within a Main Dealership, you must be well-presented and well-mannered with strong customer service skills
- 9-3 (A*-C) GCSE'S including English and maths or equivalent
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Competence IMI accreditation - Parts Advisor Regular in-dealer visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- The Programme for the Parts Apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges Off the job training in college will be via 4 separate block weeks of training in Nottingham throughout the course of the programme Functional skills in English, maths and ICT (if applicable)
- A possible future and full time job position within the team at Lowdhams Leisure
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have customer service experience?
Have you looked into travelling to and from this position? Do you have a driving license?
From our beginnings over 50 years ago, on a small 3/4 of an acre site selling caravans, Lowdhams have strived to make the ‘Lowdhams Difference.’ Today, with two sites, Nottingham and Huddersfield, Lowdhams is the premier retailer of motorhomes, caravans and now motor vehicles in the UK. And with every model we sell, we strive to bring an exceptional experience that customers won’t forget!
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Automotive Customer Service Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).