Lowdham Leisure World are looking for a hardworking and ambitious candidate to join their successful, expanding organisation as a Parts Apprentice.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Duties will include:
- To identify and verify for quality, quantity and description, parts stocks and other goods from suppliers
- To order as required and receive into the department and correctly locate items in established bin and other locations
- To accurately identify, locate and pick parts for workshop staff and customers' by means of acquired knowledge, parts catalogues and computer stock lists
- To conduct all transactions with workshop staff and customers pleasantly and courteously with an emphasis on customer service
- To work within agreed discount structure and customer terms
- To seek ways to increase parts and workshop sales by identifying customer needs and incremental items to sell
- Count physical stock and generally assist at the physical stock take
- Ensure that parts are released only upon payment or within valid and current credit terms and at discounts agreed by your Manager
(Gunthorpe based only):
- Manage telephone calls into the department and ensure that connections and redirections are passed on quickly and politely
- To admin receipt goods on the system and update records
- To follow aftersales procedures at all times
Other working requirements:
- Maintain an awareness of any Health and Safety issues that arise within the department and take action/report any incidents as appropriate
- Excellent time keeping and attendance at all times
- Because of the changing nature of our business your job description may change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Possible start date: 01/11/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE's at grade A* to D/9 to 3 (or equivalent) including maths and English Language.
Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence IMI accreditation - Parts Advisor.
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- Regular in-dealer visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
The Programme for the Parts Apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Off the job training in college will be via 4 separate block weeks of training in Nottingham throughout the course of the programme.
On successful completion of the level 2 apprenticeship and satisfactory review with the employer, there may be the potential to progress onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
What customer service skills could you offer to the role?
Do you drive and have the use of your own vehicle?
Lowdham Leisureworld Ltd is one of the largest independent retailers of caravans and motorhomes in the UK. We offer competitive rates of pay, great benefits and excellent working conditions.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday, hours 9.00am - 5.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Customer Service Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).