Lowdham Leisure World are looking for a hardworking and ambitious candidate to join their successful, expanding organisation as a Parts Apprentice.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Duties will include:
- To identify and verify for quality, quantity and description, parts stocks and other goods from suppliers
- To order as required and receive into the department and correctly locate items in established bin and other locations
- To accurately identify, locate and pick parts for workshop staff and customers' by means of acquired knowledge, parts catalogues and computer stock lists
- To conduct all transactions with workshop staff and customers pleasantly and courteously with an emphasis on customer service
- To work within agreed discount structure and customer terms
- To seek ways to increase parts and workshop sales by identifying customer needs and incremental items to sell
- Count physical stock and generally assist at the physical stock take
- Ensure that parts are released only upon payment or within valid and current credit terms and at discounts agreed by your Manager. (Gunthorpe based only)
- Manage telephone calls into the department and ensure that connections and redirections are passed on quickly and politely
- To admin receipt goods on the system and update records
- To follow Aftersales Procedures at all times
Other working requirements:
Maintain an awareness of any Health and Safety issues that arise within the department and take action/report any incidents as appropriate.
Excellent time keeping and attendance at all times.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description may change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 09/09/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE's at grade A* to D/9 to 3 (or equivalent) including maths and English Language.
Candidate must be available to start as soon as possible. Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence IMI accreditation - Parts Advisor.
Regular in-dealer visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
The Programme for the Parts Apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges.
Off the job training in college will be via 4 separate block weeks of training in Nottingham throughout the course of the programme.
On successful completion of the level 2 apprenticeship and satisfactory review with the employer, there may be the potential to progress onto a level 3 qualification.
Lowdhams Motors are proud to introduce SsangYong cars, the oldest Korean vehicle brand that has been making award winning 4x4 tow cars since 1954. The six model range of 4x4s and SUVs are all backed by a 5-year limitless mileage warranty for ultimate peace of mind and are also manufactured with our customer base in mind; boasting the ability to easily tow anything from a caravan to a horse box.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday to Friday
hours 9.00am - 5.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||13 months|
|Related course||Vehicle Parts - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|