Yakub Chemist based in Leicester is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
The post holder will work in a small but busy pharmacy and assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication.
The successful candidate will be assisting in the dispensing of medication. If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmacy sector, this role is a fantastic opportunity with great potential.
Main duties include:
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock.
- Receiving prescriptions and ordering prescriptions.
- Making up blister packs.
- Dispensing once trained.
- Labelling of prescriptions.
- Liaising with customers over the phone.
- Duping and disposing of medicines.
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required.
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
- To complete compulsory training as required..
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role.
This apprenticeship is all work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer’s address and will not attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2022
Possible start date: 01/10/2022
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 3 or D or Level 1 pass (Essential)
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Yakub Chemist has successfully been running for over 35 years. Throughout the years our organisation has grown substantially and introduced many different services for the public. We have greatly focused on perfecting the standard of services we offer to ensure we provide the safest treatment and care to our customers. We are committed to provide a consistently high standard of care and therefore take pride in our team of highly trained professionals. Staff training is priority at Yakub Chemist and we actively encourage staff to further develop their skills to ensure they are meeting the individual care needs of every customer and exceeding all expectations.
67 HARTINGTON ROAD
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday – Friday 10.00 – 18.00
Total hours per week: 35
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).