Apprentice Pharmacy Technician
Riverside Pharmacy in Bulwell is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Technician. In addition to the dispensing duties that you will learn you will also learn a lot more about the medication and how patients can optimize taking theirs.
Although college day release doesn't start until September 2023 Employment can commence before then as soon as they find a suitable candidate.
As we are a busy pharmacy, we are looking for a candidate with some prior working experience. This working experience could be in a pharmacy environment or other customer facing role such as retail, customer service or hospitality for example.
We are also advertising for a Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprentice for those without any prior working experience.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to carry out include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines.
- Complete prescription receipt and collection.
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock.
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine.
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection.
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts.
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas.
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales.
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required.
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
- To complete compulsory training as required.
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/06/2023
Possible start date: 03/07/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Number skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English, maths & a science subject 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
Pharmacy Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Technicians.
Day release is one day per week for 2 years term time only commencing September 2023 based at our City Centre Hub
Employment can commence before September as soon as they find a suitable candidate.
Once qualified you will be able to register wtih the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
Opportunity to register with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician.
Possibility of ongoing employment as a qualified Pharmacy Techncian at the pharmacy if all has gone well and there is a role on offer.
Riverside Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based in the bustling heart of Bulwell. They provide both NHS and private services. The team are friendly and provide optimum customer.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday 10.30am – 7.30pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||27 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).