A gastro bar cafe in Beeston looking for an apprentice to join our team. The position is predominately a kitchen position, although we will give you some front of house experience. You must have a passion for food and an outgoing personality. The job, can be demanding. We work in a fast paced environment so a sense of humour will come in handy.
The role will include the following duties;
- Product knowledge
- Personal, food and kitchen hygiene control and housekeeping
- Compliance to procedures
- Stock control
- Costings and purchasing
- Portion control
- Production schedules
- Booking schedules and management
Legalities and compliance to regulations
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 24/10/2020
Possible start date: 31/10/2020
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills
- They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages
- Demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- Has good communication skills
- Has excellent time keeping skills
- Has good time management skills
A minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade D/3 or above including math’s and English.
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address.
Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Production Chef Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
Potential progression onto level 3 after successful completion of Level 2
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a chef?
Can you easily access this position?
Located in Beeston, our beautiful cafe bar has something for the whole family. Open six days a week, morning to late evening, and serving food throughout the day to early evening. So come let our talented chef, formerly from Darley's Derbyshire, along with his team serve you fresh home-cooked cuisine. With our array of toys and board games for the whole family, eating out will never be stressful again!
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Tue –Sat 4pm -10:30pm, Sunday 10am- 3pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).