Clayfields House are recruiting for an apprentice cook who will be responsible for preparation and cooking of meals for clients, staff and visitors which fulfils the cultural, religious and dietary requirements within the unit. The role allows flexible working hours.
- Responsible for preparation and cooking of meals for clients, staff and visitors, which fulfils the cultural, religious and dietary requirements within the unit. This may involve some liaison with teaching and care staff in planning and supervising food technology sessions as well as normal meal preparation and cooking
- Deputise for Catering Manager in his/her absence
- To supervise and delegate areas of work to kitchen domestics as required and ensure this is carried out satisfactorily
- Responsible for ensuring good hygiene standards are observed in the kitchen at all times and establishing satisfactory cleaning rotas to ensure all work is carried out
- To work with due regard for his/her personal safety and that of others in the kitche
- In accordance with relevant legislation and codes of practice, to take reasonable care for your health, safety and welfare, and that of other persons who may be affected by the performance of your duties
- To exercise proper care in handling, operating and safeguarding any equipment or appliances provided and issued by the County Council for the post holder's individual or collective use in the performance of his/her duties
- Any other duties which may reasonable be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined
- To ensure that menus are adhered to, the food is of a satisfactory quality and quantity, is presented attractively and served at the appropriate time
- To check deliveries for quality and quantity and take any appropriate action necessary
- To report promptly any defects in equipment used
- To ensure appropriate confidentiality and security of information including information technology as stipulated by relevant legislation
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 17/10/2022
Possible start date: 24/10/2022
Production Chef Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Functional SKills if required.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Clayfields House is a national provider of secure accommodation for 20 young people between the ages of 10 to 18 who are on remand, sentenced, placed on welfare grounds or are secure overnight under PACE 1984 legislation. The service is part of Nottinghamshire County Council.
18-20 Moorbridge Lane
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Sunday - A range of shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).