Debbie Bryan a place to meet, shop, eat and be creative. Debbie Bryan is looking to recruit an apprentice to assist in the development their kitchen and front of house hospitality. The kitchen makes from fresh - soups, pies, cakes and sconces. The tearoom also serves afternoon tea and works with external chefs to host supper clubs.
The role will include the following duties:
- Customer service
- Product knowledge
- Personal, food and kitchen hygiene control and housekeeping
- compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Research and development and market research
- Product development
- Stock control
- Costings and purchasing
- Portion control
- Production schedules
- Booking schedules and management
- Legalities and compliance to regulations
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2019
Possible start date: 01/10/2019
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills
- Good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- Has good communication skills
- Has excellent time keeping skills
- Has good time management skills
GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade D/3 or above including maths and English.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Production Chef Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1/2
- End Point Assessment
Potential progression onto level 3 after successful completion of Level 2.
Here at Debbie Bryan, we're an award winning, independent creative retailer. With our own in-house design studio, creative space and award winning Tea Room - we're a haven of gift giving, eating, drinking and things to do.
St. Marys Gate
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Shifts range from 8.00am - 6.00pm over the 7 days per week
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).