Plains View Surgery are looking to recruit a professional and personable Apprentice Receptionist. You will be responsible for greeting patients and assisting with their enquiries.
The role is designed to assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone. The right candidate will develop into this role alongside completing the customer service practitioner apprenticeship programme which is designed to train and develop apprentices in the workplace to industry standard.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice by acting as their first point of call
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Using your own judgment and communication skills, ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover, and ensure procedures and paperwork are completed
- Handling telephone and face-to-face requests for appointments and making the appointments on the computerised appointments system
- Book in patients and ensure other visitors sign in when they arrive at the surgery
- Receive and make telephone calls as required
- Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits onto the visits rota, ensuring to carefully record all relevant details and referring to duty doctor where necessary
- Advise patients of the results of routine tests
- Give completed prescriptions to patients and to local pharmacies who collect them
- Telephone or write to patients to arrange for routine appointments, e.g. for immunisations or annual health checks
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
- Photocopy paper records requested under the Data Protection Act
- Scan and file paper records
- Monitor fridge temperatures
- Receive and check deliveries
- Book patient transport if required (taxi or emergency ambulance)
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff
- Premises: Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the partners or the Practice Manager
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 17/06/2021
Possible start date: 27/06/2021
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D/9-3 maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 15 month duration Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why did you apply for this role?
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace? Have you checked the journey?
Plains View Surgery is based in a fantastic location with plenty of amenities and good transport links within walking distance. The Surgery is an established teaching practice for medical students, GP registrar and nursing student in training.
57 Plains Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be confirmed.
(35 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Customer Service Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).