Thank you for your interest in the Apprentice Science Technician vacancy at Djanogly City Academy. We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to contribute to the current team at DCA.
To assist the Science Technician with:
- Coordinating the use of practical resources/facilities and providing assistance and/or advice in the practical needs of the Science Curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff
- Preparation of resources and assembling apparatus
- Obtaining materials by local purchase
- Providing technical advice and assistance to teaching staff and students
- Carrying out risk assessments for technician activities
- Curriculum administrative support
Maintenance and Equipment of Stock:
- To promote the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment
- Assist with arranging for external maintenance and repair if necessary
- Keep appropriate records of service and maintenance undertaken
- Assist with stock management and ordering
- Assist with ensuring the correct disposal of used materials
- Contribute to the assessment, monitoring and review of Health and Safety procedures and information resources
- Keeping up to date with current procedures through CPD
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 15/06/2020
Possible start date: 22/06/2020
- Works well under pressure
- Experience in manual handling and cleaning
- Previously worked within a school environment
- Meeting strict deadlines
- GCSE English, maths, Science grade C/4 and above or equivalent
- A-Level or Level 3 Science qualification
Laboratory technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
You will complete the following on a day release basis every week at college:-
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT all at level 2
- Some candidates may be exempt from functional skills subject to meeting qualification requirements
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities - portfolio
- Potential of a full time position once apprenticeship has been completed
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving license?
The Independent Academies Association is a young, growing membership organisation, focussed on supporting the growing number of Academy schools nationally, who are seeking to make a real difference to children’s life chances. Based on good transport routes within the Djanogly City Academy on Sherwood Rise.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
37 hours Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Laboratory Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).