Djanogly City Academy are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join their school. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will be required to support the class teacher.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education.
Support the overall ethos of the Academy:
• Be aware of and comply with all Academy policies and routines including those relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, copyright etc reporting all concerns to line manager.
• Be responsible for keeping up to date with any changes to these policies and routines.
• Be aware of and comply with all policies and routines.
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
• Contribute to the overall aims of the Academy.
• Develop own professional skills.
Support for the Scholar:
• Support and direct activities with either individuals or groups of scholars to enhance their learning, academic, physical, social and emotional.
• Help with care, personal hygiene and medical needs of scholars contributing to their health and well-being.
• Support in the transition of scholars between key stages.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with individual scholars and groups.
• Encourage acceptance and inclusion of all scholars.
• Support groups of or individual scholars as directed during formal public or internal Academy examinations.
• Assist scholars on educational visits, residential trips, transition, off site placements and recreational activities as appropriate.
• By following advice and guidance around individual needs, develop an understanding of the specific needs of the scholars within the Academy community.
• Liaise effectively with teachers/parents/carers as appropriate.
• Be responsible for individual scholars as their keyworker, monitoring and updating ISPs, liaising with staff and implementing appropriate strategies, as appropriate.
• Help with the writing and collation of ISPs/Review/Annual Review meetings.
Support for the Teacher:
• Liaise with classroom teachers.
• Create appropriate resources reflecting the various needs of scholars in lessons.
• Support scholar/s across the class as agreed by the teacher.
• Support with the collation of data for targeted scholars.
• Implement learning programmes as directed by the class teacher – with individuals.
• Monitor individual student’s needs and provide regular feedback to the teacher, line manager and parents.
• Support the management of student behaviour under the direction of the teacher.
Support for the Academy:
• Take responsibility for display and up keep of designated areas in the school.
• Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and parents.
• Maintain and safeguard the confidential nature of student/teacher/home issues.
• Contribute to the maintenance of student safety and security, including break and lunchtime duties.
• Attend meetings as appropriate.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 05/12/2022
Possible start date: 05/01/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Number skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/teaching-assistant/
- End point assessment as part of the programme - further details in the link above
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt.
- The training and qualifications are based in the workplace, no attendance at college requried. Employers are required to give apprentices 20% off the job training included in their paid working hours so that equates to one day per week to work on their apprenticeship tasks set by the Assessor.
Possible permanent position on completion of apprenticeship.
Djanogly City Academy is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our work is about making a real difference to children’s lives so that they can in turn make a demonstrable difference to their communities, our city and our world.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm
This position is term time only.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).