Djanogoly City Academy are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join their school. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to support the class teacher. You will be required to support scholars within the Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Job Description Support the overall ethos of the Academy.
- Be aware of and comply with all Academy policies and routines including those relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, copyright etc reporting all concerns to line manager.
- Be responsible for keeping up to date with any changes to these policies and routines. Be aware of and comply with all policies and routines
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall aims of the Academy
- Develop own professional skills Support for the Scholar:
- Support and direct activities with either individuals or groups of scholars to enhance their learning, academic, physical, social and emotional
- Help with care, personal hygiene and medical needs of scholars contributing to their health and well-being.
- Support in the transition of scholars between key stages
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with individual scholars and groups
- Encourage acceptance and inclusion of all scholars
- Support groups of or individual scholars as directed during formal public or internal Academy examinations
- Assist scholars on educational visits, residential trips, transition, off site placements and recreational activities as appropriate
- By following advice and guidance around individual needs, develop an understanding of the specific needs of the scholars within the Academy community
- Liaise effectively with teachers/parents/carers as appropriate
- Be responsible for individual scholars as their keyworker, monitoring and updating ISPs, liaising with staff and implementing appropriate strategies, as appropriate
- Help with the writing and collation of ISPs/Review/Annual Review meetings Support for the Teacher
- Liaise with classroom teachers
- Create appropriate resources reflecting the various needs of scholars in lessons
- Support scholar/s across the class as agreed by the teacher
- Support with the collation of data for targeted scholars
- Implement learning programmes as directed by the class teacher with individuals
- Monitor individual student's needs and provide regular feedback to the teacher, line manager and parents
- Support the management of student behaviour under the direction of the teacher Support for the Academy
- Take responsibility for display and up keep of designated areas in the school
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and parents
- Maintain and safeguard the confidential nature of student/teacher/home issues
- Contribute to the maintenance of student safety and security, including break and lunchtime duties
- Attend meetings as appropriate *This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and any mandatory training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 04/11/2021
Possible start date: 08/11/2021
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have experience working within a school or nursery?
Why do you want to be a teaching assistant?
Djanogly Learning Trust sponsors three schools in Nottingham which are:
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon-Thurs 8.30am-4.30pm, Fri 8.30am 4.00pm Total 37 hours per week
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).