Are you passionate about working with children? Do you want a varied role within a Primary school? If so, apply now. Milford Academy are looking to recruit an Apprentice Sports Coach/assistant.
Are you passionate about working with children? Do you want a varied role within a Primary school? If so, apply now. Milford Academy are looking to recruit an Apprentice Sports Coach/assistance.
Duties within the role include:
- Working as a PE assistant
- Helping plan PE lesson for the children
- Supervise the children during PE lesson
- Coaching and training the children in a number of different sporting activities
- Working as a coach for after school sports clubs in the afternoon
- Supervising the children in the after school sports club
- Preparing sports activities for the children in the after school club
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 16/09/2019
- Good fitness levels due to the sports coaching element
- Ability to play/coach a mix of different sports
- Ability to communicate with both children and adults
- 5 A* - C/9 - 4 GCSE including maths and English (or equivalent) essential as this is an advanced programme
Candidate will be required to have a full DBS (criminal records check) before commencing work at the school with children. Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours. Candidate must be available to start as soon as possible. Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace easily.
For more information on the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to follow the Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical in Education and School Sport Apprenticeship Framework
Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical in Education and School Sport Both will include: Functional Skills qualification in English and maths Level 2 if required.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Possibility of a permanent contract at the end of the apprenticeship
Milford Academy remain committed to building on their successful OFSTED inspection and ensuring all of their children reach their potential. They have now refurbished all the classrooms in the school and have single year groups throughout. This really helps the staff and children focus on all the new challenges in the new National Curriculum and higher National Standards set by the Government.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
37 hours per week.
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£144.30 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|