Are you passionate about caring for and working with Children? If so, apply now. Farmilo Primary School and Nursery are looking to recruit an apprentice teaching assistant working within their vibrant school.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children aged 4-11 the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Provide in class support during lessons
- Provide targeted support and intervention for groups of children and individuals
- Recognise different stages of child development through school, eg: transition between key stages
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom
- Understand the need to accurately observe, record and report on pupil’s participation, conceptual understanding and progress to improve practice and assessment for different groups of pupils
- Help with lesson planning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Deliver/lead small group teaching within clearly defined/planned parameters using initiative, sensitivity and understanding
- Use school computer systems, including specialist software eg: online registration, intervention programmes and management information systems
- Build appropriate relationships with colleagues, pupils, parents, adults and stakeholders
- Undertake safeguarding training every 3 years
- Promote community cohesion and cultural diversity encompassing a full understanding of the school’s ethos
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and a few other rare occasions.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/10/2019
Possible start date: 04/11/2019
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds
- Excellent timekeeping
A* - C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3
- A standard includes an End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills Level 2 maths/English
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Farmilo Primary School and Nursery are a local authority school based in Pleasley, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Days TBC 8.00am - 5.30pm
(35 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).