Are you passionate about caring for and working with children? If so, apply now. St. Mary’s C of E Primary School are looking to recruit an apprentice teaching assistant working within our small, vibrant village school.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily within the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Provide in class support during lessons
- Provide targeted support and intervention for groups of children and individuals
- Helping set up and arranging activities
- Helping set up the classroom
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom
- Help with lesson planning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs in the context of our Christian ethos
- Build relationship with other teachers, staff and parents
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Making displays
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and a few other rare occasions
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 06/09/2019
Possible start date: 07/09/2019
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds.
- Excellent timekeeping
- A* - C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent)
All vacancies now being summited onto NAS will be referred unless the below is now added into ‘other information’ please can you amend your vacancy templates.
“The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early*
- Level 2 Certificate in Support Teaching & Learning
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths & English (if required)
Potential opportunity for progression onto a Level 3 qualification upon completion of Level 2.
St Mary's is a small village school set in the heart of Sherwood Forest. We believe that each child is an individual and we seek to provide academic, emotional, social and spiritual support for each and every one of our pupils. As reflected in our vision, we want the whole child to develop, we want our children to have spirit, to welcome challenges and value their achievements. In short, to be the best they can be!
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Mon -Fri with shifts between 8:15 am - 5.15pm
(35 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£136.50 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|