Nottingham College are looking for an activity leader mainly to help deliver tennis sessions to Nottingham College students and the community. The role will be based at Nottingham College’s Clifton campus as well as other campuses.
Nottingham College are looking for an activity leadership apprenticeship to help deliver training sessions for tennis.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- To lead on the coordination and delivery of recreational level tennis activity on the college site to get more students playing tennis more often
- To support the coordination and delivery of any college events such as Fresher’s Week e.g. setting up of “pop up tennis” sessions, and signposting to other opportunities where and when possible
- Support the current college structure to find out the student demand for tennis e.g. Who, What, Where, When
- To set up touch tennis or traditional tennis “taster events” throughout the year to engage students from targeted subject groups
- To use peer-to-peer recruitment to inspire young people to participate in tennis activity
- To consult with students on a termly basis to ensure activity is appropriate and relevant for the intended audience
- Take a lead role to help college staff train and mentor sports leaders to support with local primary school tennis activities e.g. festivals/competitions/adopting a school
- To support in creating a positive, enjoyable and inclusive environment enabling all participants to have an enjoyable experience in tennis
- Create/develop links with local park sites/clubs to help support the college programme, and develop exit routes where appropriate
- Support/work with the line manager to monitor and evaluate the tennis delivery plan
Engage and deliver in targeted community engagement with local sites in Basford. This will be measured with a realistic KPI that can be agreed following appointment.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 08/04/2020
Possible start date: 15/04/2020
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to manage a diverse workload
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Possess good verbal communication skills
5 GCSE at a D/3 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths is essential. Level 1 Tennis Coach desirable.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Leisure Operations and Leisure Management (Activity Leadership)
- Level 2 Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths and English if required
- Level 1 or Level 2 NGB LTA Tennis Coach depending on qualifications
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Potential of full time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you easily access this position?
Why have you applied for this apprenticeship?
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education college and higher education colleges in the United Kingdom. It is based in the city of Nottingham in England. It provides education and training from pre-entry through to university-degree level, at its 11 centres in the city and around Nottinghamshire.
Nuthall Road, Nuthall Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday - 9am - 5pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Leisure Operations - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).