Fix Auto Kettering are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their busy bodyshop in Kettering. Learning how to provide industry leading repair services to clients and provide them with support during the repair process.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition.
These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET - Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn strip and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems
- Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques: sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat & lacquer, repairing defects and polishing
Duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties and when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Possible start date: 14/10/2021
- Manual skills
- 4 GCSEs at A*-D/9-3 including maths and English Language (or equivalent)
Multi-Skill Accident Repair standard - Level 3.
The programme for the Multi-Skill Accident Repair Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College
Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship.
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace?
Why do you want to work in the automotive industry?
Fix Auto Kettering has built a solid reputation in accident repair, consistently keeping pace with an ever-changing industry. Although the company has grown in size and joins an international network, it still maintains a family atmosphere and we are proud of our simplified claims process with your insurer, our quality commitment and our Fix Auto guarantee all combine to ensure your peace of mind.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 08.00 -17.00.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Multi-Skill Accident Repair Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).