The Trust is seeking to appoint a committed Design & Technology and Visual Arts Apprentice to provide support to our successful D&T department. The successful candidate may also be required to provide support to our Visual Art Department.
The apprentice will be given an excellent opportunity to develop their skills in a school environment. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the team and will deliver high quality support to the departments in regards to managing resources and supporting students. The role will give the apprentice the opportunity to learn and develop skills including organisation, communication and time management skills.
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom
- Help with lesson planning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Work alongside other teachers
- Providing extra capacity and cover for absent colleagues
- Making displays
- Offer support to individuals and groups during activities
- Assist with the marking of work
- Assist other teachers and TA’s during playtime
- Take part and support during lunch clubs
- Other general duties as and when required
Archway Learning Trust is a highly successful Trust, with an expanding number of academies covering the ages of 3-19 and operating across a growing number of campuses. The growth and development of our Multi-Academy Trust makes this an excellent opportunity to join us, as we seek to serve a growing number of young people across the region.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 08/09/2019
Possible start date: 14/09/2019
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds
- Excellent timekeeping
A* - D (9-3) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Candidate will be required to have a full DBS check before commencing work at the school.
You will also receive a £200 business dress clothing allowance.
- Level 2 Certificate in Support Teaching & Learning
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths & English (if required)
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a Level 3 qualification.
Welcome to Archway Learning Trust. Our growing family of Academies is based in and around Nottingham and includes children from their first day at nursery all the way through preparation for university and lifelong learning.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£144.30 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|