Would you like a career in the automotive industry as an Automotive Parts Apprentice? Aston Martin are looking for a keen and motivated individual. The roll will include working with Aston Martin parts in a busy Aston Martin Franchised Dealership where repairs are taking place to factory approved standard.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
What will I be doing?
The programme covers the technical and practical needs for todays motor vehicle retail customer service industry.
Your duties will cover:
- Be the first and last point of contact with the service customers
- Take customer bookings and scheduling services and repairs
- Communicate the customers work and faults to the vehicle technicians
- Handle customer complaints
- Advice and guidance for vehicle care and warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI
As a Parts Advisor, you are responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts.
Once completed you should be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff/customers - customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealerships and garages
- Advise on accessories and modifications
- Warranty claims and returns
Where could the course take me?
- Advanced apprenticeship to further improve your knowledge and skills
- Career in the motor vehicle retail customer service industry
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 26/08/2021
Possible start date: 10/09/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- 4 GCSEs at A*-D/9-3 including maths and English Language (or equivalent)
- Functional Skills Level 1 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 3 (D) and Functional Skills Level 2 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 4 (C) or above
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment
Important other information:
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore, most of the time, you will be working at the employers address.
Depending on your training, you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Over a two year period, they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor.
A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level. As a Service Advisor, you will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required.
Automotive Customer Service Practitioner with a parts pathway- level 2 standard.
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed that is relevant to the chosen apprenticeship?
What mode of transport do you use?
Located in the heart of the Cotswolds, Aston Martin Cheltenham offers new and pre-owned sales of the Aston Martin range, as well as extensive repair and maintenance facilities staffed by factory-trained technicians. The dealership is located one mile from junction 10 of the M5 with easy access to the M4 and M40 and offers a variety of exhilarating test drive routes to choose from.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 08.00 - 17.00.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Aston Martin UK Dealer Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).