Ellis Guilford School are looking for an enthusiastic Business Administrator to join the team to support in the Attendance team and support in reprographics. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to embark on a career in administration and wishes to enjoy career progression.
To work alongside key school staff in school to:
- Promote excellent attendance
- Reduce levels of absence
- To provide admin support as and when required
- Ensure all registers are completed correctly on Classcharts and SIMS
- Ensure that ‘first day absence calls’ for all students are sent through the truancy call system.
- To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks or unexplained absences remain
- To ensure all unexplained absences are accounted for or send letter requesting an explanation
- To check and remind any necessary staff to complete registers
- To monitor the attendance of vulnerable groups of students and liaise with staff/SEND department and safeguarding team
- To provide updates for staff on student attendance
- To input timely information i.e., exams, music trips, sporting events, work-based learning
- To carry out phone calls to parents to discuss the attendance concerns and to establish a plan of action to improve their child’s attendance
- Monitor the input of lates and absences of students onto Classcharts and SIMS.
- Update Classcharts and SIMS regularly throughout each day ensuring the attendance data is accurate
- Identify poor attenders in liaison with SLT, Year managers and form tutors and monitor their attendance to Academy and lessons.
- Generate weekly attendance reports for heads of year and form tutors.
- To interpret information relating to attendance patterns and identify key areas of concern
- Working with the Director of Attendance, SLT, and Heads of Year to promote the importance of good attendance across the academy through a range of strategies: assemblies/rewards/ letters home etc.
- To assist with conducting home visits as and when necessary.
- Attend meetings to discuss attendance and Improvements required with targeted parents.
- Chase students’ information from previous
- To ensure that any existing attendance issues are challenged in a timely manner.
- To keep up to date with Classcharts and SIMs training
- Work with SLT, Director of Attendance and heads of year to improve punctuality to the academy through a range of strategies.
- Ensure lates are inputted to SIMS and the necessary disciplinary measures are in place and that parents/carers are informed.
- Promote the importance of good punctuality across the academy through a range of strategies: assemblies/rewards/letters home etc
- Operate telephone switchboard – convey messages and filter calls
- To be a point of contact for both telephone and face to face enquiries and take messages where
- Be responsible for signing in late students and passing on the information to the student receptionist.
- Undertake typing and word-processing and other IT based tasks.
- Send general text messages as requested by staff. 6
- Answer incoming calls to school, dealing with any queries professionally, relaying messages to relevant staff members as required.
- Cover student/main reception as required.
- To provide general clerical support as required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 12/12/2022
Possible start date: 13/12/2022
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Confidentiality at all times
- Strong IT skills
- Use of Word and Excel
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/ 9-4 (Desired)
- Business Administrator Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeshipstandards/business-administrator-v1-0
- Functional Skills level 1 / 2
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Ellis Guilford School, located in Old Basford, Nottingham, are a mixed school, catering for children between the ages of 11 and 16 years of age.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday – Thursday
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
£9,254.44 to £18,278.00 (Annually)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).