Audi Paint Technician Apprenticeship — Slough
Do you want a dynamic & exciting career in the automotive industry? Sytner is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician to join their team learning how to carry out duties such as preparing, spraying and finishing vehicles that have been involved in collisions and/or other incidents in an efficient manner.
Sytner Audi is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician to join their team in Slough. Learning how follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish.
Demonstrating colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising modern drying/curing techniques such as Ultra Violet (UV), Infrared and catalytic solutions used in the refinishing of vehicles.
Their role includes repair, surface preparation, body, MET and painting to the manufacturer paint specification.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and painting customer vehicles
- Involvement in drying and curing techniques used in the finishing of vehicles
- Calculation / estimation of paint volume requirements per job
- Health & Safety and compliance requirements of a collision repair business, such as control of substances
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment
Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/08/2023
Possible start date: 28/09/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent GCSE or equivalent English 4/C or above (Essential)
- GCSE or equivalent GCSE or equivalent Maths 4/C or above (Essential)
Nationally recognised qualifications –
- IMI Apprenticeship in Vehicle damage Body technician (Standard – Level 3) Modules MET & Body to be complete
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business
In our state-of-the-art dealerships across the UK, Sytner Group represents the world's most prestigious car manufacturers. Our success has been built by every team member working together and contributing to our one team ethos. We strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience; our employees are highly trained, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and driven to deliver our fundamental commitment to our customers; of getting it right first time and making each and every interaction special.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon - Fri - 8:30pm - 5pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||36 Months|
|Related course||Vehicle Damage Paint Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).