Automotive Parts Advisor apprenticeship — Sleaford
Steer Automotive Group are offering a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice parts advisor/customer service practitioner with a Parts Pathway to join their busy workshop. Learning how to provide industry leading services to customers, working with a great team, but also able to work on own initiative. The role includes managing customer complaints, taking customer and workshop orders and offering advice and guidance for vehicle care.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
What will I be doing? A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure apprentices gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
A Parts Advisor will have direct contact with customers, initially taking calls for parts required from both trade and retail customers and supporting the efficient effective supply of parts to the workshop.
You will cover:
A qualified apprentice will be able to:
- Be a confident first and last point of contact with customers
- Take customer and workshop orders
- Communicate effectively with both customers and the vehicle technicians
- Manage customer complaints
- Offer advice and guidance for vehicle care, warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI As a Parts Advisor an apprentice will be responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts.
Once the apprenticeship is complete they will be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff
- Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealerships, and garages
- Advise on accessories and modification
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/04/2023
Possible start date: 28/04/2023
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English A* - D / 9 to 3 (Essential)
- GCSE or equivalent Maths A* - D / 9 to 3 (Essential)
- The programme for the Customer Service (Parts Pathway) Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College
- Apprentice will be required to attend block release training 4 x per year
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship
- Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company
Steer Automotive Group is an accident repair group with a difference. Our team has over 30 years of knowledge and expertise within the bodyshop industry, we’re the company you can trust.
Commercial way, pride parkway,
Sleaford Enterprise Park,
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||12 Months|
|Related course||Aftersales (Parts and Service Advisor) - Intermediate/Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 2 and 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).