Bodyshop Panel Technician Apprenticeship Coventry
As a Vehicle Damage Panel Technician you will work within the Collision Repair workshop, demonstrating expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of vehicle body panel to vehicle manufacturer specification.
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Steer are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Vehicle Body Technician to join their busy bodyshop.
Your role includes the technical and practical needs for today’s motor vehicle body repair industry.
You will study both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Materials and consumables
- Removing and fitting non-structural body panels
- Motor vehicle chassis and body alignment
- Vehicle body types
- Panel identification
- Safety systems
- Materials and alternative fuel
- Use of Body Panel Repair tools and devices used in the processt
- Removal and replacement of body panels and associated parts
- Interpretation of technical data for joining techniques and replacement panels
- Quality control process and the implications of poor quality.
- The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using their skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and have the ability to use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard.
Duties will include:
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements.
- Identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly.
- Ability to identify and understand the correct joining technology.
- Remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Operate the correct repair tools devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools.
- Identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection.
- Ability to detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety.
Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 10/06/2023
Possible start date: 16/06/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Other GCSE or equivalent Maths 4/C or above 0 (Desired)
- Other GCSE or equivalent English 4/C or above 0 (Desired)
Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year. Nationally recognised qualifications – IMI Apprenticeship in Vehicle damage Body technician (Standard – Level 3) Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Steer Automotive Group is an accident repair group with a difference. Our team has over 30 years of knowledge and expertise within the bodyshop industry, we’re the company you can trust. The Steer network reaches far and wide, with 57 sites and 1400 colleagues across the UK, all managed at a regional level. This makes us the UK's largest independent repair group. You’ll find our highly-qualified technicians deliver true excellence on every job. And our customer service is founded on respect and integrity.
Unit 11 Albion Industrial Est.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon - Fri - 8:00am - 5pm
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||36 Months|
|Related course||Vehicle Damage Panel Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).