This apprenticeship would be ideally suited to an individual who wants to follow a career as a qualified Bricklayer by gaining valuable hands-on experience working for a much respected local company offering a wide range of services to their loyal and demanding clients across the Nottinghamshire.
As an apprentice bricklayer, you would work under supervision for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Helping set out buildings using bricks, mortar and blocks in accordance with approved construction techniques,
- Working to individual client and architect’s specifications and detailed plans and designs.
- Liaise with colleagues
- Projects can be wide and varied, but in this instance relate to residential new builds, as other more general brick projects and developments.
- You will be required to attend Nottingham College on a day release basis and undertake any additional training as requested and to take an active part in the apprentice review process.
- You will be required to follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, use all tools, equipment and materials safely and build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and other trades.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 16/04/2023
Possible start date: 26/04/2023
- Eager to learn
- Attention to detail
- Other GCSE Maths/English grades 3 (A-D*) desirable 0 (Desired)
L2 Bricklaying qualification Apprenticeship and associated day release programme as agreed. In company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within role.
Be keen to develop their individual skills and be actively engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
Established in 1954, Harry Richmond and Partner Limited, is a much-respected privately owned building company, which provides general building services throughout Nottinghamshire. Working on a variety of projects and locations, with much of their work comes from word of mouth recommendations from satisfied customers, who value their workmanship and their pride in a job well done.
Unit 1 The Firs
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday-Friday 07:30 – 16:00
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||30 Years|
|Related course||Bricklayer - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).