Base Lettings Limited are looking to recruit a hardworking and ambitious business administration apprentice to join their well established organisation. They are anticipating substantial growth over the next couple of years and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to evolve their role to meet their aspirations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking the day-to-day administrative tasks essential for the smooth running of the office. You will be a pivotal member of the team, gaining skills and qualifications to develop key administration duties and a thorough understanding of the business.
This really is a great opportunity for a bright individual, to learn all about the running of property lettings and management business, and grow your skills extensively.
Day to day duties within the role will include the following:
- To answer, screen and direct calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Deal with email enquiries and all other communications
- Compiling documents (Word and Excel)
- Compiling Invoices
- Writing up property advertisements and advertising on required sites
- Processing data through the systems (i.e. appointments, re scheduling appointments)
- Providing a high quality service to customers and staff members
- To meet and greet visitors to the office
- Maintain relevant databases as required
- Dealing with utility providers
- Other admin support as directed by the Business Manager
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/04/2020
Possible start date: 13/04/2020
- Comfortable working with computers and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proactive and organised, with an ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to solve problems quickly, efficiently and completely
- An interest in property would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
9-3 Maths and English at GCSE (or the equivalent) desirable.
*Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation*.
*Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy may be withdrawn early*.
This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 1 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day per week (Wednesdays) at the college, term time only 9.00am - 5.00pm with the other days based at the workplace.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace?
Why did you apply for this role?
Base Lettings is a new and innovative lettings agency helping bring together great tenants with some of the best rental properties in Nottinghamshire.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).