BPX are looking for a Business Administrator to supplement our existing team. This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to learn all about our business with varied responsibilities, working with a great team and in a fast-paced environment.
Office Administration Apprentice Day to day duties will include:
- Answering the sales office telephone, transferring calls to the relevant person and taking messages where required
- Managing the sales office inbox, answering queries and redirecting emails where appropriate. Discussing customer requirements to identify the best options to meet their requirements
- Producing quotations and following these up Order processing
- Monitoring customer accounts. E-mail and telephone communication with customers
- Liaising with suppliers to expedite incoming goods
- General office administration duties as requested by the Sales Office Manager
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 25/10/2021
Possible start date: 01/11/2021
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative and drive the company towards a common goal of excellence and growth
- Strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Team place, able to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Willing to learn new skills and open to training opportunities
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner
Maths and English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
- Willing to learn
- Take instruction well and confident to ask questions when in doubt
- Excellent time-keeping
- Good sense of humour
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Have you looked at your journey to and from the location,, and can you drive?
Have you any administration experience?
BPX is a specialist distributor of electrical control and automation products. With thirteen offices throughout the UK and Ireland we supply customers worldwide with electrical components that control and automate electrical processes such as conveyor systems, automated handling systems and a host of other applications. We are a family owned business for over 50 years and we operate as distributors for many of the world’s leading electrical, electronic and pneumatic manufacturers. Our guiding principle is to Help to Choose and Help to Use and we come to work each day determined to ensure that BPX customers have the most technically and commercially efficient solutions for their applications.
386 Haydn Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, Shifts to be confirmed
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).