Instalaw Solicitors are looking to recruit a hardworking and ambitious administrator to join their organisation based in Nottingham City Centre.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Answering the telephone, taking messages for fee earners when not available; answering clients' queries wherever possible
- Type letters, forms, documents and general correspondence as requested
- Filing and maintaining files in good order so that they are complete and easily traceable
- Preparing mail for sending to the Post Office
- Taking telephone messages from clients when fee earners are not available
- Any other duties as may be directed
- Have knowledge of and comply with all applicable office procedures as defined in the firm's Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual
- Undertake any other tasks, as reasonable requested by a director or fee earner within the job-holder's capabilities and as may be expected in a small organisation where successful running relies on teamwork and flexibility
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills. They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy.
A*-D/9-4 maths and English at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours, and to the college for day release.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 or 2 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day a week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the work place.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
At Instalaw our legal services are designed to suit the fast paced demands of the modern world. We offer advice exclusively from solicitors, barristers and qualified legal representatives utilising a dynamic approach.
Parliament House 4th Floor
Upper Parliament Street
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£146.25 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|