@Home Childcare has an exciting opening for enthusiastic and conscientious and experienced Business Administrator to join our team. The role is focused on our childcare training business, in particular our government funded training programmes.
@Home Childcare has an exciting opening for enthusiastic and conscientious and experienced Business Administrator to join our team. The role is focused on our childcare training business, in particular our government funded training programmes. The successful candidate will be proactive and adaptable. A flexible approach to work and the capacity to multi task are essential, as is the ability to pay attention to detail.
Maintaining records on our database and online systems is integral to the role therefore we are looking for high levels of IT competence. We are interested in self-assured person who, with specific training, is capable of taking ownership of our paper based and electronic systems to ensure both are kept up-to-date and are compliant in terms of audit.
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 or 4 Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration. You will be given thorough on-the-job training by the company plus off-the-job training with your training provider. If you are the motivated person with a positive, diligent attitude, this opportunity will enable you to gain the necessary knowledge to become a competent and skilled administrator in a busy office. For this reason, we are keen to employ a confident apprentice who can show initiative and is looking to grow with a dynamic, expanding company.
Key Duties include:
- Process initial enquiries for all parts of the business
- Maintain records on our Customer Relationship Management (database) and online learning platform systems
- Liaising with learners and employers and our funders as required
- Prepare paperwork for course enrolments and inductions
- Provide administrative support for our training delivery teams
- Maintain the exit process for our learners such as ordering certificates
- Ensure effective administration cover for all events including workshops and registrations liaising closely with our sales and training teams
- Level 2 Business Admin qualification
- An interest in the children and young people sector
- Experience of working in the government funded training sector
- Educated to A level standard
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- The ability to ask for assistant when coping with deadlines
- A confident communicator - both written and verbally
- Strong organisation skills including the ability to prioritise and manage your workload
- Attention to detail that amounts to accuracy and quality
- Be able to work off your own initiative and want to contribute ideas
- High level of competence with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet as a research tool
- Good GCSEs in English, maths & ICT
- A minimum of 1 year experience of working in a busy administration office
- Exceptional organisational skills
A*- C GCSE (or equivalent) maths, English desirable but not essential. The candidate will be required to meet minimum levels of maths, English and ICT.
Candidate must be available to start immediately. Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3 - 18 months.
- Level 3 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 2 if required
This apprenticeship is work based learning with one day per week at Nottingham College.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
@Home Childcare is an innovative provider of flexible childcare and training for the children and young people’s workforce. We deliver work-based training and offer a quality experience for the learner and employers who value our experience and flexibility of approach. We are also an Ofsted registered childminder agency. We register, support, train and inspect childminders.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£144.30 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|