Business Administration Apprentice
We have an exciting opportunity for an administrator apprentice to join the curriculum team based at Ruddington Campus on a fixed term contract. This role would suit someone with a passionate interest in office-based administration and looking to commit to a career in this field.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has great attention to details, is well organised, passionate and has an interest in working with people. In this role, you will develop a wide range of skills including, data inputting of student details, communicating with managers, tutors and support services, taking student and employer enquiries and liaising with team members, supporting team meetings and general administrative tasks. We are looking for someone who is confident in their IT skills, has a willingness to learn and get involved, is a good communicator and has a calm approach to working in a busy environment.
Day to day duties will include:
- Timely and accurate input and maintenance of all data records held on the College student records system and other related College systems. This will include enrolment, timetabling and a variety of other student data activities
- Ensuring all data processing adheres to funding rules, audit requirements and College policies
- Using College reports to track and monitor compliance with funding rules, audit requirements and College policies
- Providing data support to tutors, College managers, and external partners, delivering high standards of customer care at all times to ensure that queries are reviewed and resolved. This may be via telephone, Teams, face to face or email
- Actioning validation error reports to ensure accuracy of student data
- Helping improve team processes and procedures with the Team Leader
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate filing systems both in electronic and paper based format including individual student and programme files
- Attending meetings with Curriculum, Support Services and Partners when necessary
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 19/06/2023
Possible start date: 26/06/2023
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Effective time management
- Willing to learn
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment
- If required you will do Functional skills at level 2
- This qualification is completed in the wortkplace. However, you will have a college day biweekly at Nottingham College City Hub
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Nottingham College offers a comprehensive range of further and higher education courses and training opportunities for business and industry.
Ruddington Country Park
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Thursday, 8.30am - 4.30pm and Friday, 8.30am - 4.00pm.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||18 Months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).