MG Safety are seeking an apprentice to join the sales team within a customer focused business. The candidate will be working alongside experienced and knowledgeable staff and have an aptitude for sales. The work is varied, and no two days are the same.
Main requirements for the position are:
- Taking and making calls which will involve customers and other members of staff
- Data inputting
- Organisation and record keeping
- Prioritising tasks
- Photocopying and preparing documents
- Maintaining customer record cards
- Assisting staff with work load when necessary
- Producing letters to clients or other third parties
- Producing and responding to emails
There may be other duties to be undertaken by candidate not listed above from time to time as is the nature of the business. However most work will be office based administration and thus the ideal candidate must show interest in working in an office environment.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 13/03/2020
Possible start date: 24/03/2020
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills. They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills
- Communication and grammar
- Mathematical skills
9-4 (A*-D) in maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 if required
This apprenticeship is 1-day per week at the college in term time only, 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the workplace.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you travel to the workplace?
What skills and/or experience do you have which are relevant to this role?
MG Safety - Suppliers of PPE equipment and safety workwear, with over 30 years’ experience of supplying Personal Protection Equipment and Industrial Workwear Products.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday, hours TBC.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).