Required to support the Practice Administration team. This is a varied role that will include preparation of prescriptions for patients, managing patient records and scanning and sending of hospital letters to various team members for action.
Duties will include:
- Opportunity for career development for the right candidate
- Prescription work - raising queries with GPs, printing prescriptions, answering queries from patients, liaison with Reception team
- Franking the mail every day and making sure it’s sent at an appropriate time
- Photocopying of documents
- Logging of insurance forms/requests
- Patient records - logging incoming records on computer system, filing records, sending records to central stores when patients leave the Practice
- Scanning of letters from the hospital - follow procedures to ensure letters are entered onto patient record and sent to the correct person to review and take actions
- Patient Registration documents - scanning into patient record and entering relevant data into the record
- Attendance at Administration Team and Practice meetings
- Helping the Administration Team Lead and Practice Business Manager with administrative tasks
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 13/04/2020
Possible start date: 27/04/2020
- Good computer skills
- Able to follow procedures
- Ability to file records in alphabetical order
- Excellent telephone manner
5 - A*-D/9-3 qualifications, including maths and English, at GCSE or equivalent level.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 or 2 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day every week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the workplace.
Potential of a full time position on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you be travelling to and from the work place?
Why did you apply for this role?
Highcroft Surgery is a very large but friendly and supportive doctor’s practice, providing NHS medical services to our 12,500 local patients. We have a large purpose-built building which also offers community-based services to local people. The practice is located on High Street in Arnold town centre with good transport links.
Arnold Healt Centre
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday - hours TBC as hours may vary
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).