BCM Fareva is offering a great opportunity for a Business Admin Apprentice to join their friendly and fast paced Planning team. Reporting to the Senior Procurement Planner you will be managing the material deliveries into site and liaising with suppliers to make sure these deliveries happen at the right time and chasing any missed deliveries.
This is an exciting role for anyone looking to start their career in supply chain. You will be given the opportunity once trained to develop your knowledge across other areas including customer service, scheduling and planning. You will initially be working within the inbound team but once experienced you will be able explore some inventory management and be given a fuller exposure to the inbound role.
Duties within the role include:
- Manage the booking calendar for deliveries of raw materials and packaging
- Ensuring suppliers have booked in as required against demand
- Making sure that the daily pallet quantity doesn’t exceed capacity
- Liaising with suppliers to delay or expedite deliveries
- Contacting suppliers to chase non-delivery and re-arranging
- Reviewing supply and demand in the system for some materials, in time taking further inventory control of a small sub set of materials with the chance to develop more dependent on workload and individual capacity
- Potential to be involved with custom clearance for materials due from the EU – depending on Brexit progression
- Potential to manage material requirements and shipments to other Fareva sites – small scale for R&D purposes
- Act as support for inbound planning team and potentially factory scheduling on an ad hoc basis, once experience of processes gained
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 16/12/2020
Possible start date: 18/12/2020
- Attention to detail
- PC Skills - Excel, Email etc.
- A* - C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent)
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address
- You will need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week for day release
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills if required
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information
- Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why did you apply for this role?
How will you be travelling to and from the work place daily? Have researched the travel route?
BCM is part of Fareva, FAREVA is one of the world’s leading subcontractors in the Industrial and Household, Cosmetics and Pharmaceuticals fields. BCM has over 100 years' experience of manufacturing health and beauty product and produces products that are sold around the world.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.00pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administration - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
£163.13 - £307.88
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).