PWP Building Services specialist divisions are pleased to be working alongside a local college offering fantastic apprenticeship opportunity. We are currently looking for a business administration apprentice at our Bestwood Village Offices.
The Role: Long Description
The right candidate for us will be someone who is genuinely looking to develop their career for whom we are prepared to invest our time, experience and offer of continued employment. This initial role as an Administrative Apprentice is an exciting opportunity to understand, appreciate and begin your career.
As part of a busy team, you will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm, self-discipline, be able to receive and follow instructions accurately and methodically and demonstrate an aptitude for the role. You will report to your appointed line manager and be expected to work to targets and deadlines.
To efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties which may include the following duties as directed:
- Data input, data extraction, photocopying, faxing, filing and typing duties as directed
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
- Meet and greet visitors as required
- Maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures
- Assist with the ordering and maintenance of stock supplies (specific to role as appropriate)
- Collating information for reports
- Communicating with staff about training provision and booking training courses for staff
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Attend and take part in team meetings & regular reviews with line manager etc.
- Prepare for and attend assessment meetings and participate in relevant training programmes as required
- Throughout the training period you will be expected to complete all educational and training as required
- Adhere to the Health and Safety regulations and the organisations Policies and Procedures
- Sign a learning contract with the training provider and adhere to the agreement
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
The post holder will be able to:
- Demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills
- Have a good general knowledge of ICT packages
- Demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
9-4/A*-C or equivalent maths and English at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours, and to the college for day release.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
- Level 2 Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 or 2 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day every week at the college with the other days based at the work place.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
PWP Building Services specialise in design & build contracts and have established a strong reputation for outstanding technical excellence, flexibility, and integrity over the last twenty years. We are an industry leader in design & build projects and prides itself on the quality of its people. Please have a look around our website for full details of what we do and the customers we work for.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday
8.30am - 5.00pm.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£146.26 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|