D Cresswell & Son Ltd is offering a fantastic opportunity for someone to join their experienced office team. This is an office based role and would ideally suit somebody who has a great telephone manner and fantastic interpersonal skills.
D Cresswell & Son Ltd is offering a fantastic opportunity for someone to join their experienced office team.
This is an office based role and would ideally suit somebody who has a great telephone manner and fantastic interpersonal skills.
You will learn new skills and take on more responsibilities throughout your apprenticeship.
Main duties will include but not limited to:
- Answering calls in a professional manner
- Replying to all e-mail enquiries
- Ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate person or messages taking and passing on
- Organisation of post both internal and external
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Inputting and the manipulation of data onto the company's system
- Meeting and greeting clients, visitors, and making them feel welcome
- Keeping track of stationery
- Keeping your desk and the office clean and tidy
- Any other ad-hoc duties as per the needs of the HR and Finance team
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills.
They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy.
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-D/9-3 English and maths desirable but not essential.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and for training once a week on a Monday.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This apprenticeship is 1 day every week at the college, term time only, 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the workplace.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Cresswell’s is a family operated business. It was established back in 1962 as an electrical contractors our aim is to provide a high quality service to all our domestic and commercial customers in Nottingham and the surrounding areas.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|