British Canoeing are looking for a Business Administrator to supplement our existing team. This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to learn all about our business with varied responsibilities, working with a great team and in a fast-paced environment.
As the administration apprentice you will be a pivotal member of the team providing support to senior members of the team.
Day to day duties will include:
- Use of Microsoft packages such as excel and word
- Produce accurate records and documents including; emails, letters, files and payments
- Prioritising tasks and completing in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records and filing systems
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Supporting team members to complete tasks
- Assist with staff training
- Manage the office facility, including ordering stationary and various other consumables
- Use CRM system
- Log incoming jobs and follow up with phone calls
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 10/02/2022
Possible start date: 14/02/2022
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Customer service focused with good listening skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner.
- A*-C (9-3) maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have any administration experience?
How will you be travelling to and from location on a daily basis?
We are the National Governing Body for Paddlesports in the UK. Current research indicates that over 1.5 million people in the UK go canoeing/kayaking each year. We currently have around 90,000 members Canoeing now covers a wide range of interests and passions as a sport and a leisure activity.
National Water Sports Centre
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
(35.00 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Due to a known issue with the National Apprenticeship Service vacancy V1 data API, some wage values displayed on our apprenticeship vacancy listings may differ compared to the Find an Apprenticeship service. When applying for a vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service the correct wage value will be shown on their listings. — Read more about this API issue