DKM Healthcare ltd are looking to offer a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an administration apprentice to join their growing, successful organisation providing home healthcare in the community for adults in and around Nottingham.
Are you passionate about working in the care sector, improving the opportunities of the local community? Do you thrive in a fast paced, busy environment? If so, this could be the ideal role for you. Working closely with the director of the company, the care team and clients, this role is challenging yet very rewarding.
Day to day duties will include:
- Communicating with clients from a vast range of backgrounds and cultures
- Providing information on the organisation’s care packages
- Answering the phone and directing calls as appropriate, always in a professional manner
- Being the first point of contact for email and phone enquiries once trained
- Inputting client data onto a bespoke case management system (full training will be given)
- Preparing documents for quality assurance
- Preparing outgoing mail and directing incoming mail as appropriate
- General cleaning and tidying of the office space
- Assisting with quality checking processes
- Photocopying, filing, scanning
- Basic administration as required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 24/03/2020
Possible start date: 27/03/2020
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills
- They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages (Excel and Word)
- Demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- They will have excellent attention to detail and for accuracy
- A working knowledge of ICT packages is required
9 - 4 (A*-D) maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) desirable but not essential.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early *
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 – 12 months
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 1 if required
This apprenticeship is 1-day per week at the college term time only 9am – 5pm with the other days based at the workplace.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you travel to work each day?
What skills or experience do you have that is relevant to this apprenticeship?
DKM Healthcare Limited offers a wealth of personal and functional care and associated domestic services to meet the needs of dependant clients, these may include older people, those with a disability and people who need assistance due to illness to continue living in their own homes and community.
Mercury House Office 20
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon – Fri 8am - 4pm (30-mins lunch)
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).