MP Futures are looking to recruit a versatile apprentice to join their offices based in Eastwood, Nottingham. Offering a varied role the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to gain knowledge in administration, IT, marketing, data analysis and project.
The Role: Long Description
Primarily office based with occasional travel, the MP Futures Apprentice will assist the MP Futures team (Industry Database Coordinator, Special Projects Officer and MPQC Marketing & Communications Officer) learning all aspects of the business including bespoke database support, analysing information, process improvement and communications.
This role is designed to accommodate a formalised Apprentice qualification with the exact level to be discussed at interview based on experience and attainment.
- Support the MP Futures team and MPQC in their job roles
- Analyse data and produce reports
- Develop a strong working knowledge of our bespoke software (NEXUS) and act as a guardian for that software
- Support NEXUS software development and rollout
- Assist in the project management of NEXUS
- Scope projects and build project plans
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures and identify areas to improve
- Develop business improvement plans
- Assist and the future scoping, specification and build phases for NEXUS
- Work with the Special Projects Officer on the maintenance and development of school outreach programs
- Support the Marketing and Communications officer in day to day social media campaigns
- Assist with organisational event management on behalf of MP Futures
- Overseeing the social and business media including content generation and curation
- Undertake trouble shooting duties on the organisation's IT systems in collaboration with our IT Provider (Octavian IT)
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
The post holder will need to be numerate, highly articulate, be confident using a range of IT packages and will be able to demonstrate the ability to learn new systems. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
In a busy working environment, multitasking will play a key part in balancing work loads and managing daily tasks, and prioritising workload at busy times to meet tight deadlines. Keen attention to detail is essential as all data must be accurately recorded.
A*- C GCSE (or equivalent) maths, English desirable but not essential. The candidate will be required to meet minimum levels of maths, English and ICT.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours. The Apprenticeship requires the apprentice to complete 20% of the job training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3 - 18 months.
- Level 3 Standard
- End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 2 if required
As part of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend College one day per week.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The Mineral Products Qualifications Council (MPQC) was established in 1983 to help develop and maintain industry training needs. We are a ‘not for profit’ membership organisation whose members are derived from the quarrying, mineral products, mining, construction, and related manufacturing sectors.
M P House
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
9:00am - 5:00pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£146.25 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|