Happy Munchkins Preschool based in Redhill, Arnold, Nottingham is looking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic childcare assistant who is able to help within the preschool. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to get into the childcare industy.
Happy Munchkins is based in the Redhill area of Nottingham, they are looking for someone passionate about working with children and they are willing to support and mentor the candidate through their Childcare level 2 apprenticeship.
Duties within the role include:
- Provide a safe, caring, stimulating and educational environment at all times
- Deliver am appropriate play based EYFS curriculum which enables children to make individual progress
- Help ensure the preschool meets OFSTED requirements at all times
- Understand and work to preschools policies - including how to deal with child protections issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan appropriate activities which ensure each child is working towards the Early learning outcomes
- To be a key person and manage a small number of key children
- To be able to keep the balance of working and completing level 2 qualification
- Ensuring that the preschool is kept clean and tidy
- helping out at meal times
- Dealing with parent enquiries and updates
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed
- Contributing to planning & development
- Other general duties as and when required
This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments and once a month.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 09/09/2019
Possible start date: 10/09/2019
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- A* - D 9/4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalents)
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace easily. When working on the early shift the start time will be 7am. Candidates will require a clear DBS check.
- Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 certificate
- Functional Skills maths (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C (9-4) is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills English (if GCSE or equivalent A*-C (9-4) is not already achieved)
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification
Happy Munchkins Preschool is a preschool opened in Redhill, Arnold, Nottingham. They offer a variety of sessions starting from 7:30am up until 5:30pm Monday-Friday where we can tailor to suit your needs. They accept all government funded hours as well as childcare vouchers.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Mon-Fri shifts between the hours of 7am to 5.30pm.
(32 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Children's and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£124.80 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|