Railway Children Preschool is looking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic childcare assistant who is able to help within the preschool. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working with children and wants to get into the childcare industry.
Railway Children Pre School are looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in Childcare. Railway Children Pre School is based in Gedling. They are looking for someone passionate about working with children and they are willing to support and mentor the candidate through their Childcare level 2 apprenticeship.
Duties within the role include:
- Provide a safe, caring, stimulating and educational environment at all times
- Deliver am appropriate play based EYFS curriculum which enables children to make individual progress
- Help ensure the preschool meets OFSTED requirements at all times
- Understand and work to preschools policies - including how to deal with child protections issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan appropriate activities which ensure each child is working towards the Early learning outcomes
- Encourage learning through play and be willing to be involved in messy play
- To be a key person and manage a small number of key children
- To be able to keep the balance of working and completing level 2 qualification
- Ensuring that the preschool is kept clean and tidy
- Helping out at meal times
- Dealing with parent enquiries and updates
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed
- Contributing to planning & development
- Other general duties as and when required
This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments and once a month for day release.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 24/10/2019
Possible start date: 28/10/2019
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- Excellent organisational skills
- Basic IT skills
A* - D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace easily
- Candidates will require a DBS check
Level 2 Certificate in Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths & English (if required
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving licence?
Railway Children Preschool is based in Gedling. They are busy and friendly preschool offering a variety of sessions Monday-Friday where to suit your needs.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Full range of shifts Monday - Friday 8.45am - 3.15pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Children's and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).