Wollaton House Day Nursery is looking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic nursery assistant who is able to help within the nursery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to get into the childcare industry.
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Helping out with activities with the children
- Personal Care of the children
- Setting up activities and clearing them away
- Ensuring that the nursery is kept clean and tidy
- Helping out at meal times
- Greeting parents and children
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed
- Changing nappies and feeding
- Work with children in the nursery, individually and in groups to assist and improve their development
- Attend training sessions and meetings relevant to the post
- Other general duties as and when required
This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments and one day a month for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/03/2020
Possible start date: 02/03/2020
- Team Player
- Creative skills
- Good communication – verbally and written
A*- D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent) – desirable.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
- Level 2 Certificate in Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 in maths & English (if required)
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against travel time to the employers address only - please state whether you drive and have your own car
Wollaton House Day Nursery is a family run, friendly nursery that has been open for 24 years. They provide a happy and secure environment for children from birth to five years old.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday; 8.00 am - 6.00 pm. Shifts to be confirmed.
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Children's and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).