Commis Chef Apprentice
With 40 years’ experience in developing some of the very best of Nottingham’s chef and front of house talent- baresca tapas can offer a truly one-of-a-kind work-based apprenticeship. You will be working with our head chef creating our finest dishes.
- Escabeche forms part of our Nottingham based family-run small group of venues which include Perkins Bar & Bistro, The Carriage Hall in Plumtree and Baresca in Nottingham City Centre
- Working alongside an experienced and highly skilled team within our much loved tapas bar and restaurant in West Bridgford, Escabeche focuses on delivering excellent fresh, flavour packed tapas with warm, friendly service in a fun and vibrant atmosphere
- The apprentice will have the opportunity to learn and develop skills that will allow them to springboard into a distinguished hospitality career. With a mixture of restaurant and events catering experience combined with using top quality food and drinks, each apprentice will gain all the practical tools they will need for the future
Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
Commit to personal development activities
Use specialist kitchen equipment
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 19/06/2023
Possible start date: 26/06/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Presentation skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-D/ 9-3 (Essential)
Commis Chef Level 2:
- Link to Commis Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/commis-chef-v1-1
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment
- Please refer to above link for more information
- Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2 is required)
- This apprenticeship will have a day release once a week at Nottingham College City Hub
- At the end of the apprenticeship, those who have passed their qualification and have shown the standard and commitment we require will be offered the opportunity to continue their professional careers with Perkins Family
Welcome to escabeche - a tapas restaurant in West Bridgford. Opened in 2010, we opened this restaurant after falling in love with Barcelona
25-27 Bridgford Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
A range of shifts and times will be given on a rota basis. Monday-Sunday (11am-10pm)
The successful apprentice will work between 30-40 hours over a 5 day week.
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Commis Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).