We are looking for Apprentices to join the family. With 40 years experience in developing some of the very best of Nottinghams chef and front of house talent- baresca tapas can offer a truly one-of-a-kind work-based apprenticeship.
- We are looking for Apprentices to join the family. With 40 years experience in developing some of the very best of Nottinghams chef and front of house talent- baresca tapas can offer a truly one-of-a-kind work-based apprenticeship.
- escabeche forms part of our Nottingham based family-run small group of venues which include Perkins Bar & Bistro, The Carriage Hall in Plumtree and Baresca in Nottingham City Centre.
- Working alongside an experienced and highly skilled team within the our much loved tapas bar and restaurant in west Bridgford, escabeche focuses on delivering excellent fresh, flavour packed tapas with warm, friendly service in a fun and vibrant atmosphere.
- The apprentices have the opportunity to learn and develop skills that will allow them to springboard into a distinguished hospitality career. With a mixture of restaurant and events catering experience combined with using top quality food and drinks, each apprentice will gain all the practical tools they will need for the future.
- At the end of the apprenticeship, those who have passed their qualification and have shown the standard and commitment we require will be offered the opportunity to continue their professional careers with Perkins Family.
- Apprentices will be entitled to gratuities, meals whilst on duty, and a discount card to use at our other venues, baresca & Perkins.
- Please note, working in the hospitality industry means early morning and late nights, so please consider your transport arrangements. To read some real life apprentice accounts and for more information, please visit our website barescatapas.co.uk/careers.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/08/2021
Possible start date: 16/08/2021
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
- Commis Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2 is required )
- Day release One day per week to Nottingham College 18 month duration
- Link to Commis Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/commis-chef-v1-1
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
Do you have access to a car and a full UK driving license?
Baresca family (registered company name Baresca tapas Ltd.) commits to providing outstanding customer experiences. Back in 1982 when our parents opened our original family bistro ‘Perkins’, they liked to treat customers as if they were entertaining in their own home- always giving their absolute best, catering for the individual, and bending over backwards to ensure everyone was happy. This way people walked away telling all their friends and family what a great time they had! We have inherited this same ethos right through to today.
25-27 Bridgford road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday- Sunday- A range of shifts and times
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Commis Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).