Dino's are looking to recruit a hardworking and passionate individual to join their highly successful restaurant based in Nottingham City Centre. Could this be the role you have been looking for? Apply now!
Day to day duties will include:
- Recognise the importance of checking food stocks and keeping the storage areas in good order, know the procedures to carry out and how to deal with identified shortages and food close to expiry date
- Understand how personal and team performance impact on the successful production of dishes and menu items
- Understand the principles of supply chain and waste management
- Recognise potential risks in the working environment, how to address them and the potential consequences of those risks
- Identify traditional cuts of; and basic preparation methods for, meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
- Apply correct preparation and selection methods when using meat, poultry, fish and vegetables in dishes
- Use correct knives and knife skills when preparing food and use the correct equipment when preparing, cooking and presenting food
- Demonstrate a range of craft preparation and basic cooking skills and techniques to prepare, produce and present dishes and menu items in line with business requirements
- Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Show enthusiasm for keeping up to date with business and industry trends
- Work effectively with others to ensure dishes produced are of high quality, delivered on time and to the standard required
- Set an example to others by working in ways which minimise waste
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2022
Possible start date: 10/01/2022
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Commis Chef Level 2.
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required).
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 18 month duration.
Link to Commis Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/commis-chef-v1-1
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a chef?
How will you be travelling to and from the location on a daily basis?
Dino Wine Bar and Restaurant situated on the edge of Nottingham's historic Lace Market. Our relaxed and friendly family-run bar and restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in stylish surroundings.
9 Warser Gate
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Range of shifts, between Tuesday - Saturday - 10am - 3pm, 5pm - 10pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Commis Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).