Your Health Your Way are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and confident individual to join their team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Assist our Healthy Lifestyle Advisors in delivering informative, engaging, and safe physical activity, healthy eating and weight management sessions (group and 1 to 1 sessions)
- Observe our Healthy Lifestyle Advisors working with adults and families to support, motivate and advise on behaviour change support in a holistic, personalised, positive, and encouraging manner
- Contribute to social media and website content as requested by Community Engagement Officers and Project Leads
- Understand the need to keep client files confidential (on both database, email and paper)
- Assist with calling and booking appointments for clients on the database and ensure that any data you input is accurate
- To use IT systems, including Excel and Word to exchange information, meeting platforms (such as Zoom, Skype and Microsoft Teams) and our in-house database for client communications
- Contribute to ongoing resource development with the Healthy Lifestyle Advisors and Specialist Leads
- Undertake and complete all mandatory e-learning modules and other organisational training
- Understand the benefits of physical activity and sport for individuals, families and communities, and know why adopting an active and healthy lifestyle is important
- Understand the role of the coach in developing effective motivational relationships, how to build rapport with customers and understand what good role models look like
- Understand the importance of accurate record keeping for monitoring and evaluation purposes; know about the tools available to help (e.g. Upshot, Views, Active Lives)
- Planning and adapting sessions and activities that respond to customer feedback and encourage customers to develop a lifelong activity habit
- Promoting a physical activity offer, (including but not exclusively) organised play and sport in the community which supports individuals on their behaviour change journey
- Encouraging customers to be regularly active both formally and informally within sports clubs or leisure facilities including open-space
- Working effectively with customer insight to overcome individual, community and societal barriers to participation in physical activity and sport
- Maintaining personal safety and wellbeing, as well as that of customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/09/2021
Possible start date: 30/09/2021
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Ability to understand the importance and need for confidentiality
- Positive, proactive and able to follow instructions with support
- Good communication skills; positive and welcoming communication style with all patients, health professionals and colleagues
- Build strong relationships; good team player happy to work as part of a team and work independently on own tasks
- Quality driven; you naturally seek high standards and actively seek to improve them. Value and remain open to new ideas and perspectives
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Training to be provided: Community Activator Coach Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/community-activator-coach-v1-0
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required ) 18-month duration
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment
- Please refer to above link for more information
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you drive?
Why do you want to work as a sports apprentice?
ABL was founded in 2009 by people who believed they could and should change the world!
Southwell Road West
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 1pm, 8 hour shifts over these hours. Exact hours TBC
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Community Activator Coach - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).