Construction Support Technician Apprentice
This position is a key role; helping to co-ordinate buying and interacting with suppliers, colleagues and clients. This position is office based but will involve visits to project sites. The successful applicant will be enrolled with Nottingham College and be expected to achieve the Level 3 Construction Support Technician Apprenticeship. Duties include supporting the provision of resources and specialist equipment based on schedules, estimates and technical drawings.
The Construction Support Technician Apprentice will be responsible for supporting the buying of resources needed for each construction project and supporting contracting teams with data and information, which will help form the basis of the timely interaction with other professionals in site and technical roles throughout the planning, development, and installation and maintenance phases of each project.
You will develop a range of transferable knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied across a range of projects. In your daily work, you will interact with teams across different parts of the organisation working on a range of sites and different projects which could include specialists in buying, estimating, planning, quantity surveying, design and build and installation during the life cycle of each project.
You will produce and maintain a variety of contract and project documents and will be able to extract from these the key information and data needed to ensure that communication across projects is clear,concise and consistent and linked to the progress and completion of all tasks and that any issues or delays are highlighted and resolved to prevent unnecessary impact to the projects specification or overall completion date.
After training you will be able to effectively recognise site hazards and support safe working practices with thorough knowledge of relevant health, safety and environmental legislation to ensure compliance with company site procedures and processes. You will be required to attend College on a day release basis and undertake any additional training as requested and to take an active part in the apprentice review process.
Typical key duties included but aren’t limited to:-
- Support the provision of resources and specialist equipment based on schedules, estimates and technical drawings to identify the requirements of each project.
- Ensure accurate contractual records are kept in relation to all stages of a projects life cycle.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the requirements of a project are met, ensuring records of transactions and communications are kept in line with company processes.
- Assist with the development of tenders and quotations relevant projects, ensuring records of are kept and processed within the required timescales.
- Identify health and safety documentation, including risk assessments and method statements, to assist in ensuring sufficient planning has been carried out for tasks to be completed safely.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 26/06/2023
Possible start date: 03/07/2023
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Construction Support Technician Apprenticeship Standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/construction-support-technician-v1-0
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information
- Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2), if required
- This apprenticeship includes a college day which will take place weekly at our Nottingham College Basford Campus.
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
HTC Construction provides a broad range of construction service, from infrastructures to residential
82 GRANTHAM ROAD
RADCLIFFE ON TRENT
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5pm with a 30 minute lunch.
Total hours per week: 40
|Expected duration||27 Months|
|Related course||Construction Support Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).