Would you like a career in the automotive industry as an Automotive Customer Service Advisor/Parts apprentice? Aston Martin are looking for a keen and motivated individual. The roll will include working with Aston Martin parts in a busy Aston Martin approved bodyshop where repairs are taken place to factory approved standard.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
What will I be doing?
The programme covers the technical and practical needs for today's motor vehicle retail customer service industry.
You will cover:
- Be the first and last point of contact with the service customers
- Take customer bookings and scheduling services and repairs
- Communicate the customers work and faults to the vehicle technicians
- Handle customer complaints
- Advice and guidance for vehicle care and warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI As a Parts Advisor they are responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts
Once completed you should be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff
- Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealerships, and garages
- Advise on accessories and modifications
- Warranty claims and returns Where could the course take me?
- Advanced apprenticeship to further improve your knowledge and skills
- Career in the motor vehicle retail customer service industry
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 11/02/2021
Possible start date: 18/02/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSEs at A*-D/9-3 including maths and English Language (or equivalent).
Over a two year period they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) & Level 3 Customer Service Specialist (ST0071/AP01) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor.
A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
As a Service Advisor you will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required.
Automotive Customer Service Practitioner with a parts pathway- Level 2 Standard
You will need GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D), including English Language and maths. One of English Language or maths must be grade 9-4 (A*-C).
Functional Skills Level 1 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 3 (D) and Functional Skills Level 2 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 4 (C) or above. Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace ?
Located on the High Street in Harston, Aston Martin Cambridge is conveniently positioned and easy to find. We display a handpicked range of new & Assured used Aston Martins at our showroom and have a fleet of demonstrators available for test drive. We have a bespoke, dedicated Aston Martin workshop manned by Aston Martin factory trained technicians. Our parts department supplies genuine Aston Martin parts and also stocks many merchandise items from the Aston Martin Collection. We also have an Aston Martin Approved bodyshop who can repair your Aston Martin to factory approved standards.
142 High St
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 08.30 - 17.00
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Aston Martin UK Dealer Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).