Fix Auto are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Customer Service Technician join their busy workshop in Loughborough. Learning how to provide industry leading services to customers.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment. What will I be doing? The programme covers the technical and practical needs for todays motor vehicle retail customer service industry. You will cover: A Service Advisor will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required. A qualified apprentice will be able to:
- Be a confident first and last point of contact with customers
- Take customer bookings and scheduling services and repairs
- Communicate effectively with both customers and the vehicle technicians
- Manage customer complaints
- Offer advice and guidance for vehicle care, warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI As a Parts Advisor an apprentice will be responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts. Once the apprenticeship is complete they will be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff
- Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealerships, and garages
- Advise on accessories and modifications
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 26/10/2021
Possible start date: 10/11/2021
Excellent communication skills; computer literate; have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry; meticulous attention to detail; the willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training.
4 GCSEs at A* - D / 9 to 3 including Maths and English Language (or equivalent).
The programme for the Customer Service Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College.
- Multi-Skill Accident Repair Standard - Level 3
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship
You will be required to attend college, at EMTEC Ruddington 4 times per year for 1 week at a time.
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace ?
Fix Auto Kettering has built a solid reputation in accident repair, consistently keeping pace with an ever-changing industry. Although the company has grown in size and joins an international network, it still maintains a family atmosphere and we are proud of our simplified claims process with your insurer, our quality commitment and our Fix Auto guarantee all combine to ensure your peace of mind.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Automotive Customer Service Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).